Personal Information We Collect
We Collect Personal Information You Choose To Provide. You may visit and enjoy many elements of the Foundation Properties without disclosing any personal information about yourself. However, if you choose to make use of select, special or enhanced elements of the Foundation Properties, you may need to share with us certain personal information so those elements may function properly. When you use certain enhanced elements within the Foundation Properties (e.g., create a profile, register for a promotion,make a purchase or publish a comment), the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name,
- Email address,
- Street address,
- Telephone number(s),
- Birth date,
- Payment card information,
- Location data and
- Contacts (as stored in your wireless device).
If we collect your information, in most instances, the applicable page(s) or location(s) within the Foundation Property will include statements regarding what information is required and functionality for you to submit required or requested information.
How We Use and Share Your Personal Information
- To provide you with information you have requested, or with products, services or content you have purchased, used or otherwise engaged with, (e.g.,a sweepstakes, rewards program, subscription to goods or services, etc.) and to communicate with you (including via postal mail) about the same;
- To communicate with you about products, services, sponsors, partners or affiliates related to a purchase you have made or rules or terms to which you have agreed, to the extent the sending of such communication is permissible under applicable law;
- To send you periodic surveys to help improve the Foundation Properties;
- In connection with membership or other programs operated or accessible from the Foundation Properties;
- When the personally identifying components of your information are removed, we may use and share such anonymized information for internal purposes (e.g., to learn about the age distribution of our users); and
- In accordance with any other permission you provide at the time you submit such information to us.
Other Information Collected
Technical Information. When you use the Foundation Properties, we use software tools, including but not limited to cookies (small amounts of data which include a unique string of characters sent to your browser or application from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s or device’s hard drive), web beacons (technology used to track activity, also known as pixel tags) and similar technologies, to collect a variety of technical, non-personally identifiable information, for example the type of Internet browser or operating system used to access a Foundation Property, the date and duration of a Website visit or the Internet Protocol address used to access the Website. We may use such technical information for internal purposes, for example to study and improve the response times of our Website. We may associate such technical information with personal information you provide to us as described in Section 1 above, in which case we will treat such associated information as personal information. Please be advised that associating technical information with personal information maybe required for us, and our Service Providers, to recognize you and your communications with us, for example to retain your newsletter preferences.
Location Data. When you use a Foundation Property via a wireless device we may solicit your permission to collect your location data. The specificity of the location data collected may depend on a number of factors, including the device you are using (e.g., laptop, smartphone, tablet) and how you are connected to the Internet (e.g., via cable broadband connection, WiFi). If you enable location services for our Applications, we may collect location data (e.g., zip code) periodically as you use or leave open our Applications.We use such location information for internal purposes and to improve your Foundation Property experience, for example to understand where our users are most successfully accessing the
Foundation Properties. We may associate such location information with personal information you provide to us as described in Section 1 above, in which case we will treat such associated information as personal information. Depending on the platform you use to access our Applications (e.g., Apple’s iOS, Google’s Android) you may be able to control whether location data is collected from within “Settings” or other controls on your wireless device or the Applications.
Device ID. When you use certain Foundation Properties, we or our Service Provider may collect your unique device ID. We may use such information for internal purposes and to provide you a better Foundation Property experience. We may associate Device ID with personal information you provide to us as described in Section 1 above, in which case we will treat such associated information as personal information.
Other Circumstances When Your Data May Be Shared
- Aggregated and Anonymous Information. We may share aggregated, anonymous information with any third party. This information is not linked to personal information that can identify you or another individual person.
Managing Your Personal Information
You may choose and control what information you provide about yourself and certain information which is automatically collected via the Foundation Properties. If you do not wish to provide certain information necessary for enhanced functionality or content on the Foundation Properties, please do not use such functionality or content. You may modify your subscriptions to our various promotional email communications and newsletters by contact us at RedSoxFoundation@redsox.com.
If you want to change the promotional email communications or newsletters you receive from us, you may email us at RedSoxFoundation@redsox.com. If you want to review or revise other personal information you have provided to us, or to close your account(s) and have us delete the applicable account personal information (except what is needed for record-keeping purposes) call 617.226.6000.
Remember that when you share information publicly online, it may be indexable by search engines or recorded by others, and any search engine index or record of your information may persist after you delete the information at the original source.
Other Information; Contact Us
- No Spyware or Adware. We do not install any spyware or adware in connection with our Services, or distribute any commercial message, or authorize any third party to distribute any commercial message, by means of spyware or adware. “Spyware” or “Adware” is any software which has been downloaded to or installed on an Internet user’s computer or device, without the user’s actual consent, and facilitates the distribution of any commercial message to the user. If you feel you may have spyware from another company installed on your machine, there are various anti-spyware/adware software applications available on the Internet to identify if this has occurred.
- Complaints. For all complaints, please send a tweet here.
Red Sox Foundation
4 Yawkey Way
Boston, MA 02215
4 Yawkey Way
Boston, MA 02215
Last updated and effective date: April 14, 2017