The Red Sox Foundation annually selects 12 Boston students in 7th grade to join our Red Sox Scholars family.
To apply for the 2023 cohort, students must download and save the application below. Completed applications must be submitted to RedSoxScholars@redsox.com by Friday, March 24, 2023. Please review the information below and reach out with any questions.
2023 Red Sox Scholars Application
2023 Red Sox Scholars Application (in Spanish)
Photo by Billie Weiss/Boston Red Sox
Who is eligible to apply?
To apply, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled as a full-time 7th grade student in the Boston Public School District or at a Boston Public Charter School
- Demonstrate strong academic potential
- Demonstrate financial need
- Must be able to attend an in-person interview on Saturday, May 6, 2023, at Fenway Park
What happens after I apply?
Our selection committee looks forward to reading your application! The Scholar Selection Committee will review all eligible applications, giving careful consideration to all aspects of the application. The 20 application finalists will be invited to an interview with the Committee, who will then select 12 students to become 2023 Red Sox Scholars.
- April 7, 2023 Fifty (50) semi-finalists receive virtual interview invitation
- April 24, 2023 Twenty (20) finalists receive virtual interview invitation
- May 6, 2023 Finalist Interview Day, in-person at Fenway Park
- May 15, 2023 The twelve (12) 2023 Scholars receive their acceptance letter
Who should I contact if I have any further questions?
For any questions about the application process or program, please email RedSoxScholars@redsox.com.