Jan 14, 2021
Red Sox Foundation Car Donations: An Easy Way to Support the Red Sox Foundation
Hey Red Sox Nation!
You can support the Boston Red Sox in any way you choose from individual charitable giving to event sponsorship opportunities. But, if you’re looking for another way that’s convenient, donate a vehicle! Donating a vehicle to the Red Sox Foundation is an easy and free way to support the official team charity of the MLB Boston Red Sox baseball team, and you could even qualify for a tax deduction.
Best of all, the proceeds from the sale of your car donation keeps the Boston Red Sox Foundation going! At the Red Sox Foundation, we are on a mission to make a difference in the lives of children, families, veterans, and our communities in need in and around New England! With your charitable donation, you help the Red Sox Foundation provide opportunities such as the RBI (Reviving Baseball in Inner-Cities) program, little leagues, scholarships, funds, and nonprofit partnerships. In addition, the power of the Red Sox Nation can help support the Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital Program in healing the invisible wounds for Veterans, Service Members and their families!
Red Sox Nation can donate almost any vehicle from almost anywhere in the United States. Whether you are down the street from Fenway Park or near a west coast ballpark, we can pick up your car, truck, boat, RV, motorcycle, and other motorized vehicle.
It’s as easy as completing these three simple steps:
- Call 844-32-GO-SOX (844-324-6769) or submit the online vehicle donation form. Our Vehicle Donor Support Team will contact you to complete the donation and confirm your pick-up information.
- Schedule Your Free Pick-up: We are able to pick up and process your vehicle donation at no cost to you. In most cases, we can schedule the vehicle pick-up on the initial call once the donation record has been completed.
- Receive a Donation Receipt: Our vehicle donation program handles everything from selling your vehicle to providing a tax receipt. In most cases, when the driver arrives for your tax-deductible gift, you will be provided with the donation receipt. You will also be mailed a thank-you letter within 30 days of the sale of the vehicle, which also serves as a donation tax receipt. For speciﬁc tax-related questions, please consult a tax advisor.
Whether or not your car, boat or other vehicle donation is operational, your donation has the potential to bring significant revenue to Red Sox Nation. Vehicle donations are an important source of revenue for Red Sox Foundation and help us continue to deliver opportunities and programs for surrounding states such as Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.
If you aren’t sure if the Red Sox Foundation can accept your vehicle donation, please review the list of basic requirements for donating a vehicle to the Boston Red Sox Foundation below:
- Vehicle has a clear Title. If you do not have the Title, please call us anyway.
- Vehicle is in one piece and towable
- Vehicle is accessible for safe towing
- Vehicle does not need to be running
Follow us on Social Media and join the conversation with #RedSoxFoundation #BostonRedSox #RedSoxFund #CarDonation #VehicleDonation #BostonCarDonationsBack to News