Nov 28, 2017
Thank you for your support on Giving Tuesday!
WHAT IS GIVING TUESDAY?
Entering its sixth year, Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving which kicks off the charitable season as many focus on their holiday and end of the year giving. It is celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, playing off of the widely recognized shopping events of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday. Giving Tuesday celebrates and encourages giving and philanthropy working to connect individuals, communities, and organizations around the world for one common purpose.
WHERE DOES MY DONATION GO?
When you donate to the Red Sox Foundation, you are supporting the cornerstone programs which help us make a difference in the lives of children, veterans, families, and communities throughout New England by improving their health, educational, and recreational opportunities.
Every $50 Donation
- Provides a Red Sox Scholar a backpack filled with school supplies
- Provides 1 dozen baseballs/softballs to an RBI team
- Provides a Red Sox Scholar in college a laundry basket full of dorm essentials
- Brings a little leaguer and their coach to Fenway Park for a Red Sox game
- Provides umpires for 1 RBI game
“The Red Sox Foundation not only helped me build my softball skills as well as my personal skills… RBI has done a lot for me and I have a lot to thank them for.”
– Ana P. (RBI Softball Player)
“It’s definitely more than a scholarship because I feel like it set up my life for success.”
– Roosendy S. (Red Sox Scholar, Class of 2008)
“Besides the scholarship, the Red Sox Foundation has helped me out in a lot of ways… I want more people to have the same opportunity that I did because the way I look at it, if I never had the opportunity, I wouldn’t be here today. I’m the person I am because of the Red Sox Foundation.”
– Melvin H. (Red Sox Scholar, Class of 2003)
Back to News