The Red Sox Foundation is committed to supporting communities in need in and around Massachusetts. Lawrence is a city on the rise with an enormous amount of positive economic momentum and collaborative leadership. Our belief is that if we invest and support organizations in Lawrence then we can augment and accelerate the growth of the city.
Summary of Request + Project Goals
The Red Sox Foundation committed $300,000 through 2023 to support non-profit organizations in Lawrence, MA that are making an impact on the health, education and recreation outcomes for the people in their community. In 2020, special consideration will be given to organizations that are combating the impact of COVID-19 or racial injustice. RSF is aiming to support a limited number of organizations with a one-time grant to:
- Help sustain an existing, innovative program in your organization that is already demonstrating an impact
- Fund and launch a new, innovative program within your organization with clearly defined expected outcomes
General Eligibility Criteria
To best achieve these goals, organizations meeting the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Have a 501(c)(3) status
- Located in Lawrence, MA and focusing a majority of its services on Lawrence residents
- Align with our mission’s focus on health, education or recreation
- Are not political or religious entities
- Are not requesting capital funding
|Monday, July 6th||Request for Proposals Opens|
|Tuesday, August 18th||Open Call for Questions|
|Friday, September 11th||Proposals Due by 5pm EST|
|Week of October 5th||Finalist Phone Interviews|
|Week of November 23rd||Recipients Notified + Funds Distributed|
The application deadline was Friday, September 11, 2020. For an overview of the application, please view our requested criteria.
Review Process + Criteria for Selection
Applications will be reviewed by members of the Red Sox Foundation, Boston Red Sox front office staff, and the Red Sox Foundation Board of Directors. Finalists will then be scheduled for phone interviews.
To be considered for funding, organizations must:
- Submit a completed application through the Red Sox Foundation portal with a valid 501(c)3 by Friday, September 11th.
- Have defined and achievable project with planned management and goals.
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully implement funding request.
- Have the ability to meet the project report timeline.
- Meet General Eligibility Criteria for all Red Sox Foundation giving.
All funding decisions will be made by the Red Sox Foundation in its sole discretion. This RFP is not an offer to contract or award grant funds. All responses generated by this RFP become the property of the Foundation. In exchange for the opportunity to be awarded a grant, the applicant agrees that RSF may, in its sole discretion: (1) amend or cancel the RFP, in whole or in part, at any time; (2) extend the deadline for submitting responses; (3) determine whether a response does or does not substantially comply with the requirements of the RFP; (4) waive any minor irregularity, informality or nonconformance with the provisions or procedures of the RFP; and (5) issue multiple awards. By submitting an application, the applicant releases RSF from any claims and causes of action and waives the right to bring a legal challenge of any kind against RSF relating to RSF’s selection and award of a grant arising from this RFP.
Disbursement + Use of Funds
Upon acceptance of the proposal, disbursement will be handled directly with the nonprofit by the Red Sox Foundation. Funding will be provided in one-time grants with disbursement occurring in the fourth quarter of each eligible year.